2 mar 2010

Writing e-mails



WRITING AN E-MAIL




SOME THINGS ABOUT E-MAILS...


If you want to send an e-mail, you have to write the recipient’s e-mail address in the box called TO (Para).


You can write the topic or description of the message in the box named SUBJECT (Asunto), but this is not necessary.


You will find the e-mails you receive in your INBOX (bandeja de entrada). The e-mails you send are kept in the OUTBOX (enviados).


You can also ATTACH A FILE (adjuntar un archivo) to your e-mail; attaching a file means sending a document –a picture, a word document, an mp3 file– with your message.
















































Some useful expressions for writing e-mails


Greetings:

Dear .........,

Hi .......!


Beginning your message:

How are you?

I hope you are fine

It was great to hear from you

Thanks (a million) for your last e-mail

I am sorry I haven’t written to you before


Ending your message:

I hope to hear from you (very) soon

Give my love to...


Your last sentence can be one of these:

All the best,

Love,

Lots of love,

Take care,





Aquí tienes un ejemplo de e-mail enviado a un amigo. Hemos empleado algunas de las expresiones del cuadro para que veas cómo se usan.



To: peter_robinson@hotmail.co.uk

Subject: party


Dear Peter,


How are you? I hope everything is fine at school. Thanks a lot for your e-mail with the pictures of the trip to the beach. Some of them are really funny! I’m sorry I haven’t written to you before. I’ve had a lot of homework lately, but high school is fine and I think I’m going to pass all my exams in June.


We are going to have a barbecue party on Saturday. Would you like to come? Please, say yes! All our friends are coming. My brother and I are decorating the garden :P


Ask your parents if you can spend the night here, that would be great!


I hope to hear from you soon.


Love,

Lucy




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario