2 mar 2010

Exercise: A visit to the fortune-teller


The fortune-teller told me...


Reported speech practice










El sábado pasado, Sally fue a ver a Madame Future, una adivina, para que le leyese la mano. Madame future le contó a Sally cosas sobre su pasado, presente y futuro. Esto es lo que dijo la adivina:


The crystal ball tells me you are a very intelligent person, Sally. I see that you work very hard and have a good sense of humour. In fact, you are a very sociable person, you love being with other people. When you were little, you were a rebellious child. In fact, you were always getting into trouble! When you were 4, you had a serious illness and you nearly died. Concerning your future, I see a very happy life. You are going to be rich one day. You will marry a handsome man and you’ll have three children. You will be lucky in your life.’


Ahora Sally le está contando a su amigo Peter lo que la adivina le dijo. Lee la conversación y completa los verbos que faltan en el tiempo correspondiente. ¡Recuerda que ahora todos los verbos tienen que ir en reported speech!


Peter: So, how did it go? What did the fortune-teller say?

Sally: Well, it was interesting. She started talking about me. She said THAT I WAS a very intellingent person. She told me that I ...................................very hard and ................... a good sense of humour. She said that I ........ sociable and that I ............................ with other people.

Peter: Well, that’s not much. That’s what everyone wants to hear!

Sally: That’s what I thought. But then she told me about my childhood. She told me that I ....................... rebellious when I was a kid and that I .................................................... into trouble.

Peter: Really?

Sally: And then she said that when I .................... 4, I ............................... a serious illness and ............. nearly ................

Peter: Oh my god, she’s really good! You had pneumonia when you were little, that’s true!!

Sally: I was amazed! I couldn’t believe it!

Peter: What else did she say?

Sally: She talked then about my future. She said she ................ a happy life and that I ............................... rich one day!

Peter: Well, that’s good news!

Sally: She also told me that I ................................a rich man and we ............................ three kids. She was convinced that I ............................... lucky in my life.

Peter: Definitely, I have to go see that fortune-teller. I hope my future is as good as yours!!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario